Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS)

The Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS) has been operational since 2014, providing crucial benefits to children who require access to essential services and basic dental care. This program is designed for families who already receive government benefits, such as Family Tax Benefit Part A or Youth Allowance.

Who is eligible for CDBS?

The CDBS is a government-funded initiative that grants families up to $1,013 of dental allowance per child over a two-year period. To avail these benefits, your child must meet the following criteria:

  1. Age: Between 2 and 17 years old.
  2. Enrollment: Eligible and enrolled in Medicare.
  3. Government payments: Either a recipient of government payments or part of a family that receives them.

For a comprehensive list of eligibility criteria, visit the DHS website. Eligibility is assessed at the beginning of each calendar year. Your child must meet the requirements for at least one day during the calendar year.

If your child becomes eligible at any point during the year (e.g., turning 2), they will receive benefits for the entire year.

Additionally, if the full $1,013 allowance is not used in the first year, the remaining balance can be utilized in the second year, provided the child remains eligible.

What treatments are covered by CDBS?

The CDBS scheme covers a wide range of services at our clinic, including:

  • Dental Checkups
  • X-rays
  • Teeth Cleaning
  • Fissure Sealants
  • Dental Fillings
  • Root Canal Treatment
  • Extractions

Please note that cosmetic treatments and orthodontics are not covered by CDBS. Any dental procedures that require hospitalization are also excluded from the scheme.

Find out more

Ensure your child doesn’t miss out on any benefits that will help them receive the appropriate dental care they need.

For further information, feel free to call us at (03) 9791 9688

Ready for high-quality dental care?

Our team are caring, experienced and waiting to take care of all your dental needs. Give us a call today or fill in our enquiry form.